[postgis-devel] Issue 4

Chris Hodgson chodgson at refractions.net
Fri Oct 10 16:39:03 PDT 2008

I think that what it is doing now is best - if you really want the other
behaviour you can do it with st_dump().geom, but if we change st_collect
to merge multi's together, I don't think it's possible to get the
current behaviour in any way. And the current behaviour clearly has a
use, being able to pull the collection apart and get back what you
originally collected up.

Chris