[postgis-devel] Credits seem very obsolete

Chris Hodgson chodgson at refractions.net
Thu Sep 11 10:05:06 PDT 2008

LOL. In 7.2 the interface for the GiST index changed and one of my first
postgis tasks was to re-write the geometry-type GiST bindings to be
compatible. I had no idea what I was doing but I had the old bindings
from 7.1 and could compare them against the "built-in" geometry type
bindings written by Oleg and Teodor (for both 7.1 and 7.2). Probably my
most significant contribution.

Anyways, I support a major update to the credits. E-mails are likely a
remnant of the old-school CREDITS file, removing them seems reasonable
for publishing (not that our e-mails aren't already easily harvestable
from other places). I think the usual problem is that the biggest
contributors usually care the least about recognition, so it often takes
someone else to actually put together a good list.

Chris