[postgis-devel] Typmod Goodness

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Fri Aug 7 12:18:09 PDT 2009

Paul and Kevin,
I disagree with the pg_table_is_visible = true addition (if it ensures only
tables in your search path).

The reason being -- isn't this supposed to be like a geometry_columns

Lets say you logically divide your database by departmental schemas (or us
states or function (e.g hydrology, assessing etc.) -- normally you just
query a certain one, but I would often
want to query other departmental/state tables even if they aren't in my
search path and I would fully qualify those.  Shouldn't I be able to see the
geometry/geography meta data of these without switching my search_path?

Thanks,
Regina