[postgis-devel] wktraster with python bindings and gdal2wktraster.py

Jeff Hamann jeff.hamann at forestinformatics.com
Fri Aug 28 17:29:51 PDT 2009

I'm trying to get the latest wktraster into an experimental software
application and 'm not sure I'm posting to the correct place since it
seems to be that I'm build an dev version of GDAL/OGR. Am I posting to
the correct place?

I'm having a bit of trouble installing the wktraster project (svn
version 63) from the repository:

\begin{verbatim}
$ svn co http://www.gis4free.org/gdal_wktraster gdal-1.70dev
$ cd gdal-1.70dev
$ ./configure --with-grass=/usr/local/grass-6.4.0svn/ --with-macosx-
framework --with-python
$ make
\end{verbatim}

which ALMOST makes it (I think)...

ld: warning in ../../.libs/libgdal.dylib, file is not of required
architecture
You have new mail in /var/mail/hamannj
macbook:gdal-1.70dev hamannj$ sudo make install

yields,

   File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/
Extras/lib/python/setuptools/command/sdist.py", line 98, in
entries_finder
     log.warn("unrecognized .svn/entries format in %s", dirname)
NameError: global name 'log' is not defined
make[2]: *** [install] Error 1
make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
make: *** [install-actions] Error 2
macbook:gdal-1.7.0dev hamannj$

It builds without the python bindings, but I need them to be able to
use the gdal2wktraster.py script, right?

I'm not versed at all in things python, but when I've tried to run the
gdal2wktraster.py script, I get the following results:

macbook:bin hamannj$ gdal2wktraster.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./gdal2wktraster.py", line 32, in <module>
     from osgeo import gdal
ImportError: No module named osgeo
macbook:bin hamannj$

which means that I need to add/create/modify a PYTHONPATH variable
somewhere?

Am I getting close?

Thanks,
Jeff.

Jeff Hamann, PhD
PO Box 1421
Corvallis, Oregon 97339-1421
541-754-2457
jeff.hamann[at]forestinformatics[dot]com
http://www.forestinformatics.com