[postgis-devel] Issue 94 in postgis: Rename folders/files to be more consistent

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Mon Jan 12 03:40:43 PST 2009

Comment #3 on issue 94 by mark.cav... at siriusit.co.uk: Rename folders/files
to be more consistent
http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=94

Regina: this also brings in the issue that since PROJ.4 is compulsary for
SVN trunk,
should we automatically #include spatial_ref_sys into postgis.sql?

Paul: I don't have a problem with renaming files on a minor version bump.
Anything
that changes a minor release screams "there have been some changes here,
please test
first before deployment". So as long as we document this, I don't see this
being a
problem.

Also, I'd still like to propose version numbering the so/DLL - this will
make
testing/installing multiple versions so much easier. I don't see upgrades
being a
problem, since you don't need to know the name of so/DLL containing a
function to be
able to drop it, and the upgrade script for version X already knows the
name of its
own so/DLL. I'm sure we can also devise something that will flag big
warnings/errors
if mixed so/DLL versions are present in the system catalogs.

ATB,

Mark.