[postgis-devel] WKTRaster: RASTER and CHIP

strk strk at keybit.net
Fri Jan 16 09:40:13 PST 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 12:22:01PM -0500, Obe, Regina wrote:

> 2) It is going to have to be back-patched at some point whether it lives
> in its own branch in PostGIS repository or someplace else in the world.
> So I consider the whole discussion about the difficulty of back-patching
> moot.

I've mixed toughts about the plan.
On one hand being completely isolated might help making liblwgeom
better by actually exploiting its use.
On the other being in trunk feels like home.

A separate branch has a costs for the learning curve of merging with
SVN, but as long as the code is separated there shouldn't be any conflict
so only takes some help from whoever has done svn merging before.