[postgis-devel] Multi-D Indexing and Serialized Form

Chris Hodgson chodgson at refractions.net
Mon Jul 13 14:44:53 PDT 2009

Oh, I understand, you're not talking about what dimension of bbox gets
stored in the index, you're talking about how many dimensions the bbox
in the geometry object is... in which case, I think you're straight-line
solution seems to make the most sense. Otherwise it is an additional
parameter that you have to specify when you create your geometry column
- how many dimensions is the bbox.

Chris