[postgis-devel] RFC3

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Jun 10 01:56:21 PDT 2009

Paul Ramsey wrote:

> I'd like to bring this to a vote. I have not touched the naming of
> longxact functions on purpose, because I think that's a separate
> discussion. I'm willing to have that discussion, but I don't want it to
> stop doing the RFC3 change.
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/195

The only thing I noticed was the name of the GiST functions, e.g.
postgis_gist_compress(). Given that we hope to have a geography type at
some point, perhaps we should consider postgis_gist_geometry_compress()
etc...

Other than that, +1 from me as it makes things seem a lot tidier.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk