[postgis-devel] configure error while buildingWKTRaster onUbuntu8.10

Mateusz Loskot Mateusz.Loskot at cadcorp.com
Wed Mar 4 08:34:04 PST 2009

Tyler Erickson wrote:
> With Sandro's modification to autogen.sh, the configure step now works without an error.

Great it works.

> Note that I am getting a similar configure error while building the postgis
> trunk, maybe it needs the same modification?
>
> taericks at latituded830b:postgis-trunk$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/postgis/trunk --datadir=$PG_SHARE
> --with-geosconfig=/usr/local/geos/3.0.0/bin/geos-config
> config.status: executing libtool commands
> sed: can't read ./ltmain.sh: No such file or directory
> sed: can't read ./ltmain.sh: No such file or directory
> mv: cannot stat `libtoolT': No such file or directory
> cp: cannot stat `libtoolT': No such file or directory
> chmod: cannot access `libtool': No such file or directory

You're getting this error for PostGIS because of the same reason it occurred for WKTRaster - this is lack of libtoolize'ation of the sources. The libtoolize is usually called in autogen.sh script.
I have no idea why PostGIS' autogen.sh does not call libtoolize. The PostGIS autotools rely on libtool,
so  it should. Autotools best practice does recommend it:

"A typical bootstrap might also run libtoolize or autoheader"

http://sourceware.org/autobook/autobook/autobook_43.html

Best regards,
--
Mateusz Loskot