[postgis-devel] gml, geojson, svg

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu Mar 19 02:51:56 PDT 2009

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Well, it doesn't crash.
>
> Incidentally, I get a successful regression on my desktop iMac but a
> failed one on my notebook MacBook. Both OS/X 10.5, fully updated. So I
> don't know WTF is going on.  Oh, wait it gets better, I did a clean
> build on the MacBook and now it works.
>
> You know what happened, dollars to donuts it's the g*******
> liblwgeom.a thing again. I had an old one, and so I had the new
> regression files and the old library without Olivier's new code. Boom,
> failure.

Hmmm if it was, the failure must have been caused by something else
since all of the As_*ML() output functions are not in liblwgeom, and so
wouldn't have caused any changes in the underlying library.

This isn't something that's unique to PostGIS though, since the -hackers
mailing list often receives mails about broken builds after a cvs
update. The key thing is that if you receive an unexpected regression,
always do a top level "make clean; ./configure; make install" cycle
before you start spending time looking for bugs.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk