[postgis-devel] Non-C functionality

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Fri Nov 6 14:50:15 PST 2009

This raises an issue of policy which our "API stable" promise makes
perhaps worth articulating: functionality should be implemented
primarily in the C library. Otherwise we're going to have this issue,
of "bugs in the SQL" which cannot be solved by a library drop-in, and
that require extra DBA attention.

If the goal of "no SQL upgrades" is paramount, then moving more code
into C makes sense.

P.