[postgis-devel] Multi-Lingual Docs

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Wed Nov 11 00:31:54 PST 2009

George Silva wrote:
> I'm up for a new pt translation. I just need to learn how to use/or
> know (windows) tools that will help to do the job.

Great.  A tool to do the job?  I would think just your favorite text
editor should do nicely, ie. NotePad++, UltraEdit, XML Editor.  Yes,
Eclipse can do xml editing as well.

Lately, I've been using xmlformat to reformat my xml docs to some
configurable standard on other projects.  It works really well.  I've
committed a sample configuration file in the doc directory a while back
to get us going.  I don't know if this something that's of interest, but
I was just thinking that it would be a lot easier to see people's svn
changes without seeing tonnes of white space changes (tabs vs spaces,
indents, carriage returns, etc), which would be really obvious if
everyone is using a different text editor.

> Can anyone provide more info on that? I know it's "just" a structure,
> but here's the question: can i translate it using Eclipse? If so,
> where do i start?

As for where to start ... I believe Till Adams was planning to write up
a little readme or how to steps ... Till, have you had time to look into
this further?

Cheers,
Kevin