[postgis-devel] ST_MakeEllipse

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at oslandia.com
Tue Apr 6 23:40:47 PDT 2010

On Apr 7, 2010, at 7:32 AM, Poizot Emmanuel wrote:

Hi Emmanuel.

> I developped on the current trunk version of Postgis a new function:
> ST_MakeEllipse,
> which create a polygon with an ellipse shape.

Could be a nice new function ! :)

> As I'm not aware with the development process of Postgis, I wonder
> how I can give back this dev to Postgis site.

A way to do so, is 'just' to send on this list a patch generated with
diff -u command.
and also to say explicitly in your mail, the trunk revision number.

The patch should compile without  warnings,
don't generate any errors with make check,
and follow the style guide (http://svn.osgeo.org/postgis/trunk/STYLE)

In a perfect world the patch should also contains
DocBook documentation and CUnit tests:
   http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/DevWikiDocNewFeature
   http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/DevWikiCUnit

But for a single function if you already provide 'clean' code,
that's a good start ! :)

Don't hesitate to ask any question related to this process on the list.

--
Olivier