[postgis-devel] Doubt related to datatype

Eriovaldo Andrietta ecandrietta at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 14:21:56 PST 2010

Hello Friends,

 1.) I am working in order to convert a database with several schemas from
Oracle to Postgre/Postgis.
 I have some datatypes in Oracle and I would like to know the similar in
Postgre.
 for example:

  timestamp
  blob
  clob

 2.) Also I tried to use the ogr2org tool, as below, to transfer data
directly from Oracle to Postgre/Postgis

    ogr2ogr -overwrite -f "PostgreSQL" -nln public.tab_f PG:"host=localhost
user=postgres password=********  dbname=bdteste"
 OCI:eng_sigcamp/********@ora10g:oracle_schema.tab_f

 I am running this command and it is not working.
 I downloaded the ogr_OCI.dll and I placed it in several folders of  the
FWTools.2.4.7 where I imagine that it should be there, unsuccessfully.
 I also tried the ODBC configuration and it did not worked.

 Is there any clue, where I must place the ogr_OCI.dll ?
 Does it work fine ? any experience with this tool.

Is there any other tool for doing this data migration.

Regards
Eriovaldo