[postgis-devel] --enable-debug

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Feb 17 07:59:19 PST 2010

strk wrote:

> Uhm. Maybe. Did I read a suggestion about how to discard NOTICES and
> other backend infos while runnign regression tests ?
>
> I guess the only *expected* NOTICE so far would be the one from st_isvalid
> but we might as well stop expecting it now an st_isvalidreason is available...

Moving forward, it might make more sense to change --enable-debug so
that messages appear at DEBUG1 rather than NOTICE. Okay, so you'd have
to do a "SET client_min_messages = debug1" before debug output would
appear, but I know I've been in the situation where I've had to keep
switching between debug and non-debug builds while fixing up the
regression tests...

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS