[postgis-devel] PostGIS 1.5 beta2

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Jan 20 08:00:13 PST 2010

Nicklas Avén wrote:

> Mark
>
> After a lot of trial and error I have a patch that works for me in MingW :-)
>
> first I tried to pass "pwd -W" as is, to makefile.in  and let it make
> the path from there. I thought that was what you meant. But I didn't
> success so in the patch the path is made earlier so PWDREGRESS holds the
> path in itself instead of pwd-W
> Is that ok?
>
> If someone wants to try it:
>  you have to run autogen.sh after applying the patch.
>

> /Nicklas

I don't think we should make use of $(pwd) in this way, since as
implemented by your patch then PWDREGRESS is evaluated to the current
path at configure time, rather than at runtime which I suspect will
cause some confusion further down the line.

The configure.ac part is mostly correct, but I would expect it to look
like this, as per the original version:

dnl
dnl MingW requires use of pwd -W to give proper Windows (not MingW) paths
dnl for in-place regression tests
dnl

case $host_os in
         *mingw*)
                 PWDREGRESS="pwd -W"
                 ;;
         *)
                 PWDREGRESS="pwd"
                 ;;
esac

AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED([PWDREGRESS])
AC_SUBST([PWDREGRESS])

After this, the changes to regress/Makefile.in should then be reasonably
simple, e.g.:

# Where we put our regression installation
srcdir=$(shell @PWDREGRESS@)
REGRESS_INSTALLDIR=$(srcdir)/00-regress-install

HTH,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk