[postgis-devel] WKB types: polyhedral surface, tin, triangle

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at oslandia.com
Tue Oct 5 23:59:51 PDT 2010

On Oct 6, 2010, at 12:20 AM, Paul Ramsey wrote:

Paul,

> I'm working on the new WKB parser/emitters and wondering where I can
> find the official type numbers for the polyhedral surface, tin, and
> triangle types? I see you have stubbed them into liblwgeom.h as 13,
> 14 and 15, but I'd like to see the appropriate specification
> document on how they are supposed to be structured.

I use 13,14 and 15 as only internal PostGIS number availables,

Standards values:

ISO SQL/MM draft 2009 (5.1.58 p178):

POLYEHDRALSURFACE		15
TIN:							16
TRIANGLE					17

POLYHEDRALSURFACEZ:	1015
TINZ:						1016
TRIANGLEZ:					1017

POLYHEDRALSURFACEM: 	2015
TINM: 						2016
TRIANGLEM:				2017

POLYHEDRALSURFACEZM	3015
TINZM						3016
TRIANGLEZM				3017

It's also consistent with OGC SFS 1.2 (06-103r3)
8.2.8 p67

--
Olivier