[postgis-devel] Testing on Windows PostGIS 1RC1

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue Sep 21 11:20:26 PDT 2010

So far we haven't found any show stoppers.

Some minor things

1) On the testing against PostgreSQL 9.0 Windows, we get regress failure
with the wmsservers and the tickets test.
This seems to be a trivial issue that the PostgreSQL 9.0 is outputing count
of SELECTS in some places, but everything else is the same, so assume can be
safely ignored

2) Comments are not being installed in the postgresql contrib postgis-1.5
folder.  They aren't being installed at all.  Though the other scripts are.
This again is a non-issue since we just manually copy them into our
distribution anyway, but not sure if other platforms are affected.

I'm wondering if the issue is that we are not doing a make of the comments.

NOTE that for the tar balls, the postgis_comments.sql has already been made.
So the install in theory should recognize this and just copy it into the
PostgreSQL install folder even if the build
Doesn't build the comments.

Haven't gotten to testing the loaders and gui yet.  Crash tests work fine,
but didn't regress the tests against 1.5.1 and probably won't get to that.

Thanks,
Regina