[postgis-devel] Planning of raster work to be integrated in PostGIS 2.0

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Fri Apr 29 15:19:51 PDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Pierre Racine
<Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 1) Should we make the effort (and take the risk) of integrating his work for PostGIS 2.0 or should we wait for PostGIS 2.1? Note that these functions are not documented yet.

If you think they're worth it.

> 2) When is the feature freeze planned? Is there going to be a branch done? How do you usually deal with future stuff to add during a release cycle?

I'm dealing with catching up on project work, which is too bad because
the main feature I have is still off to the side (new serialization
and typmod).

We haven't had to deal with this stuff during a release cycle, but my
preference would be to adopt the PgSQL standard and say "no new
feature commits during release, as it's distracting from where you
should be putting your effort (bugs and stability)".

> 3) When is the code freeze planned?

Summerish... ?