[postgis-devel] Contributing code to PostGIS Raster

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com
Wed Mar 23 16:51:14 PDT 2011

2011/3/24 Bborie Park <bkpark at ucdavis.edu>:

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I filed some additional information in #870 about
>>> rt_raster_dump_as_wktpolygons. It specifically will speed up the dual
>>> loops
>>> inside of that function, and reduce the number of features created and
>>> destroyed.
>>>
>>> It would be worth investigating that approach before using the current
>>> method as a template of other functions.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> David

>> Hi David,
>>
>> You're right. Your suggestion is a good point to improve the function.
>> I'll work on it the next two days, before working on #851. Bborie,
>> when will you be able to start working?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>

> Hey Jorge,
>
> If you want, I'll wait until you've done with possibly improving
> rt_raster_dump_as_wktpolygons.  I'm currently familiarizing myself with the
> PostgreSQL/PostGIS/Raster source.
>
> -bborie
>
> --
> Bborie Park
> Programmer
> Center for Vectorborne Diseases
> UC Davis
> 530-752-8380
> bkpark at ucdavis.edu

Sounds good for me. Take a look to the sources and ask anything you
want. Pay special attention to rt_dump_as_wktpolygons function to use
some parts as model if you want (maybe you're familiar with GDAL and
you find a better way). I'll work on that function those days.

Best regards

--
Jorge Arévalo
Internet & Mobilty Division, DEIMOS