[postgis-devel] Astyle bot

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Sat May 14 03:18:57 PDT 2011

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 12:15:15AM -0400, Paragon Corporation wrote:

> Strk is probably not happy because he's a space guy I think.

I've to say I've changed my preferences over the time.
I started with tabs but then was converted to spaces.
The most important thing to me is that lines do not grow
over 80 columns. This is harder to do with tab indenting,
because the actual final column depends on the tab spacing.

I'm tryin to use spaces in the new code for topology.
Can't remember if I committed a .vimrc too, for vi users.
I surely have it locally.

> I think running astyle before a release is sufficient if it is really a
> concern.  My diff ignores white space anyway so doesn't pose a problem for
> me comparing prior code but only an issue when I try to click the tab and
> some space guy had his way.

Problem is if you have different versions of astyle every run changes
files back and forward depending on who runs astyle on it.

> Perhaps we should just remove that line from the committer guidelines  and
> say "Try to follow our Astyle guidelines to the best of your ability".

Fine by me, as long as there's a link to the guidelines.
We could then commit settings for our editors in the repository,
so it's easier to do...