[postgis-devel] Extension Versions

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Mon Jan 9 10:59:47 PST 2012

OK, looking at this, the Makefile seems to drive of the .control file
for versions, mostly (but not entirely), is the control file used in
the extension itself or just in the build? If the latter, I'd propose
removing it and having the version information written into the
Makefile in a Makefile.in -> Makefile process per usual.

Secondly, looking at some entries i the Makefile, I see more version
strings, for the minor upgrades... this seems less that lovely, and
could be a pain to automate.

sql/$(EXTENSION)--2.0.0a11--$(EXTVERSION).sql:
sql_bits/postgis_raster_upgrade_minor.sql
	cp $< $@

Finally, this entry disturbed me because it is pulling .in and .in.c
files into a .sql file, which seems dangerous at best. Why is it doing
this/?

sql_bits/postgis_raster_upgrade_minor.sql:
../postgis_extension_helper.sql sql_bits/remove_from_extension.sql.in
../../postgis/postgis_drop_before.sql.in.c
sql_bits/postgis_upgrade_minor.sql
	sql_bits/rtpostgis_upgrade_20_minor.sql
../../doc/raster_comments.sql  ../../doc/postgis_comments.sql
../postgis_extension_helper_uninstall.sql
	cat $^ > $@