[postgis-devel] WKT form(s) of MULTIPOINT

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Dec 4 07:52:34 PST 2013

On 4 December 2013 15:44, Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca> wrote:
> Well, that's embarrassing. We don't implement either spec, we follow
> SQL/MM, but it has the same BNF as the above.

I understand. I just reported it as it sits in the OGC-related section
"4.1.1. OpenGIS WKB and WKT", it confused me.
I don't have copy of SQL/MM, so I couldn't refer to it.

> We got the initial sparser representation at the dawn of time, and I guess never changed
> it. I would have thought it would happen at 2.0 when the wkt emitter
> was re-written, but apparently I missed it (unless the archives show I
> did it on purpose)

I see. I'll open a ticket against docs, so perhaps the docs could
promote correct forms.

Best regards,
--
Mateusz  Łoskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net