[postgis-devel] Install only loader

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Wed Jul 1 13:28:47 PDT 2015

Peter,

No plans in PostGIS to separate the two.  That is not to say package maintainers can't.

As I recall I thought Ubutnu / Debian did put the postgis loader etc tools in a separate client package, but it's been a couple of months since I tested so my memory could be wrong.  That is not to say that that package doesn't depend on regular PostgreSQL / PostGIS though

Since both have some functions in common exposed by a sub library.

On windows for this kind of situalion I copy the loader command line and dependencies to a folder on my webserver and have the webserver use them, not sure if something like that would work, though having as a separate package is more convenient.

Have you looked at something like GDAL/OGR or is that too hefty for your needs?

Hope that helps,

Regina