[postgis-devel] ST_VoronoiDiagram first cut

Brian M Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Sun May 31 22:58:55 PDT 2015

Hi devs --

  I forked the PostGIS git repo and merged in stubs for an ST_VoronoiDiagram() function..
( the call is already ported in GEOS, so the task at hand is to expose it in PostGIS 2.2)

  If the function is added to PostGIS 2.2, I can commit to writing the tests and see that they pass.
(I have not added the new internals yet, nor the test contents -- this is a first try.. )

You can take a look at the fork here :

    https://github.com/darkblue-b/postgis

Here is the `git status` result, just before the push:
<---------------------------------------------------------------
deb8:postgis_22_git user$ git status
On branch svn-trunk
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/svn-trunk'.
Changes to be committed:
  (use "git reset HEAD ..." to unstage)

modified:   liblwgeom/cunit/cu_triangulate.c
modified:   liblwgeom/liblwgeom.h.in
modified:   liblwgeom/lwin_wkt_parse.c
modified:   liblwgeom/lwin_wkt_parse.h
modified:   postgis/lwgeom_geos.c
modified:   postgis/postgis.sql.in
modified:   regress/Makefile.in
new file:   regress/voronoidiagrams.sql
new file:   regress/voronoidiagrams_expected

As reference material, I have JTS 1.13 in Eclipse "kepler" in a decent state (classpaths etc)
on the Java side,  and GEOS 3.5dev PostGIS 2.2 trunk, in several build environments.

--
Brian M Hamlin
OSGeo California Chapter