[postgis-devel] ST_VoronoiDiagram first cut

Komяpa me at komzpa.net
Sun May 31 23:03:55 PDT 2015

Hi!

That's cool!

We needed Voronoi Polygons half a year ago in our analytics, so I searched
for solution and wrapped it into a function:

https://github.com/wgnet/globalmap/blob/master/code/postgis_wrappers/ST_VoronoiPolygons.sql

You can probably find it useful when preparing testcases or experimenting
with signature.

> Hi devs --
>
>   I forked the PostGIS git repo and merged in stubs for
> an ST_VoronoiDiagram() function..
> ( the call is already ported in GEOS, so the task at hand is to expose it
> in PostGIS 2.2)
>
>   If the function is added to PostGIS 2.2, I can commit to writing the
> tests and see that they pass.
> (I have not added the new internals yet, nor the test contents -- this is
> a first try.. )
>

> You can take a look at the fork here :
>
>     https://github.com/darkblue-b/postgis
>
> Here is the `git status` result, just before the push:
> <---------------------------------------------------------------
> deb8:postgis_22_git user$ git status
> On branch svn-trunk
> Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/svn-trunk'.
> Changes to be committed:
>   (use "git reset HEAD ..." to unstage)
>
> modified:   liblwgeom/cunit/cu_triangulate.c
> modified:   liblwgeom/liblwgeom.h.in
> modified:   liblwgeom/lwin_wkt_parse.c
> modified:   liblwgeom/lwin_wkt_parse.h
> modified:   postgis/lwgeom_geos.c
> modified:   postgis/postgis.sql.in
> modified:   regress/Makefile.in
> new file:   regress/voronoidiagrams.sql
> new file:   regress/voronoidiagrams_expected
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------->
>
> As reference material, I have JTS 1.13 in Eclipse "kepler" in a decent
> state (classpaths etc)
> on the Java side,  and GEOS 3.5dev PostGIS 2.2 trunk, in several build
> environments.
>

> --
> Brian M Hamlin
> OSGeo California Chapter