[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Björn Harrtell committer rights

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sat Feb 18 09:21:12 PST 2017

I'd like to propose that we give Bjorn Harrtell PostGIS committer rights.
I would like input from others (not just PSC) if they have issue with this.

For those who don't know him, Björn is the creator of ST_AsMVT function
Mapbox Vector Tiles, which will be a new feature in PostGIS 2.4

http://postgis.net/docs/manual-dev/ST_AsMVT.html

And from ticket reports and also postgis-users, people have already started
using it, so I suspect it will have a fair amount of traction in PostGIS
2.4.

 Björn has also been helping Sandro (aka strk) with testing out Gogs and has
been quick to respond to user feedback. This signals to me he'll he has more
interest than his little corner of the pie and also will also take
responsibility for his corner.

That said, he has a couple more features he'd like to put in to MVT and also
cleanup of some of logic to fit the spec, as noted here:

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3712

I think things will work much more smoothly if we let him manage his work,
without having us to approve git pulls.
>From what I have seen of his work so far,  he's very careful, responsible
and concerned about making sure things work on all platforms without too
much trouble.

To start off +1 from me.

Thanks,
Regina