[postgis-devel] Lack of aux files in distribution (was: PostGIS 2.2.6, 2.3.4, and 2.4.1)

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Oct 27 22:52:20 PDT 2017

As I mentioned here - https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3916

This change broke my ability to make install.

Adding in the AC_PROG_INSTALL

At least switched from  INSTALL = ../   to INSTALL = /bin/install -c

Which has the annoyance of not being able to create directories.  Switching to install-sh works.

Can we maybe hard-code build-aux/install-sh

Or even better, can we PLEASE GO BACK TO G;OL days when liblwgeom didn't try to install itself in system folders.

I hate having a /usr/local  folder constantly being created and stuff ending up there I don't want.

Thanks,
Regina