[postgis-devel] Cannot load library in cygwin PostGIS 2.4 build

Roberto Ribeiro robertofig85 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 08:31:45 PDT 2018

Hello list,

I built PostGIS today using Cygwin, and it did so with no problems.
However, if I try to create extension in an existing db, it returns the
error message: "could not load library <path/postgis-2.4.dll>: No such file
or directory".

I searched online, seems like this is a common error, however the two
common workarounds did not apply to me: first is to check if build
architecture matches that of Postgres (yes, both are 64bits compiled on
cygwin); second is to check if the dll is in the system PATH (it is).

Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem?