[postgis] compilation error

Ross.Searle Ross.Searle at dnr.qld.gov.au
Wed Aug 15 01:58:40 PDT 2001

Hi,

I am trying to compile postgis on a Solaris 6 box using GCC and GNU make. I
keep getting the following error and as I don't know make speak I was
wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

gcc  -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -fPIC -g  -I.
-I../../src/include  -DFRONTEND -DSYSCONFDIR='"/usr/local/pgsql/etc"'  -c -o
postgis_proj.o postgis_proj.c
ar crs libpostgis.a postgis_debug.o postgis_ops.o postgis_fn.o
postgis_inout.o postgis_proj.o
gmake: ar: Command not found
gmake: *** [libpostgis.a] Error 127

Thanks
Ross

and/or publication of this e-mail message is prohibited.

computer system network.