[postgis] Error in creating WKBPolygon by Postgis in Cygwin PostgreSQL

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Aug 15 09:38:41 PDT 2001

Dave Blasby wrote:
> I'm following Frank's WKB spec for 3d points.  The '80' means that its a
> 3d geometry, so you can expect 3 coords for each point.  If you want
> openGIS spec WKB, you'll have to do a force_2d() on the geometry.

Folks,

Just for reference, the 2.5D extension was designed by Adam Gawne-Cain
of Cadcorp.  It was formally submitted to the Simple Features for COM
revision working group, but I don't know what became of it after that.
I don't think the published specification was ever updated to include
it. However, PostGIS, OGR and FME have adopted it. :-)

Best regards,
warmerdam at pobox.com