[postgis] PostGIS and NT

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Aug 20 10:26:55 PDT 2001

Cynwin actually distributes NT binaries... making a complete PostgreSQL
+ PostGIS setup bundle is part of my list of fun things to do, but is
not likely for the next month or so. Vacation first, then 0.6 release.
As Eric pointed out, there is a binary postgresql version bundled in
cynwin.

Lyndon Zimmermann wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm interested in investigating PostGIS but don't have a lot of time or
> compilers of worth. I'm running MapServer under NT and a more readily
> editable nodes database than ESRI shapefiles would probably be useful.
> My initial investigation of the PostgreSQL website failed to identify
> any NT binaries so I presume I'm down for the count.
>
> Am I correct?
>
> Lyndon Z
>
> --
> Lyndon Zimmermann
> BE (Mech Adelaide) Grad Dip Bus Admin (UniSA)
>
> "Bioenergy Atlas for Australia" Co-ordinator
> University of Adelaide Agronomy and Farming Systems
> C/- GISCA, 4th floor, 10 Pulteney St, Adelaide 5005
> Dir (GISCA) +61-8-8303 3975 Switch (GISCA) 8303 3900 Mob 0414 91 4577
> Fax (GISCA) +61-8-8303 3498 email lyndon.zimmermann at adelaide.edu.au
> http://sg211.gisca.adelaide.edu.au/lzimmerm/zimm.htm
>
> Biomass Energy Atlas Website:
> http://sg211.gisca.adelaide.edu.au/bioenergy_atlas/html/atlas_index.html
>
> Unless otherwise stated, the content of this message and attachments may
> be forwarded or quoted, with due acknowledgement.  No representation is
> made that this email is free of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended
> and is the responsibility of the recipient.

Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE Guide, "Securing Your Web
site for Business" and learn all about serious security. Get it Now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aihfLB/oT7CAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM