[postgis] Make error

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Aug 20 10:24:52 PDT 2001

What version of PostGIS are you compiling? CVS or 0.5.1? Are you using
GNU make? What is in fact in the makefile around line 8? This is
probably a trivial problem with a quirky version of make.

Düster Horst wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I'm new with PostGIS an I try to compile PostGIS, but make returns the
> message:
>
> Make: Makefile: Must be a separator on line 8.  Stop.
>
> Can anyone help me??????
>
> My System:
>
> Compaq Alpha
> tru64 4.0f
>
> The compilation of PostgreSQL works fine.
>
> With best regards
>
> Horst Düster
>
> Switzerland

Get VeriSign's FREE GUIDE: "Securing Your Web Site for Business." Learn about using SSL for serious online security. Click Here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/KYe3qC/I56CAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM