[postgis] Importing ESRI-shapefiles, objectid 23?

stahlhut stahlhut at web.de
Fri Aug 24 04:25:49 PDT 2001

Hi there!

First I would like to say thank you to all developers of thie
wonderful PostgreSQL-extension! I hope it's a nice replacement for the
ArcSDE we could never afford to buy :)

I tried to import an ArcInfo shapefile with the little loader program
and unfortunately got the message that objectid 23 isn't supported by
the loader - peeking into the sources I found out that id 23 relates
to SHPT_ARCM which isn't handled by the loader yet. Is there any
chance to get full compatability for the loading process - or is there
any documentation on this missing type which could help me extending
the loader ? - at the moment only very few types seem to be supported

Regards

Oliver

/* -------------------------------------------------------------------- */
/*      Shape types (nSHPType)                                          */
/* -------------------------------------------------------------------- */
#define SHPT_NULL       0
#define SHPT_POINT      1
#define SHPT_ARC        3