[postgis] OGR Upgraded

Oliver Duke-Williams oliver at geography.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Jun 20 07:38:19 PDT 2001

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 06:56:14PM -0400, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Does anyone know if the GeoTools or FMaps folks are interested in reading
> from PostGIS?  It would be nice to have a decent graphical client for PostGIS.

The GeoTools group are certainly interested in PostGIS, and hope to have some
demos running fairly soon - it would certainly be nice to have a reliable
database backend, and we've got a reasonable base of experience as users of
Postgres, so we should be fairly comfortable with PostGIS.

That said, the lead developer is going to be away for about a month, so there
will be a bit of a delay before anything appears.

Cheers,

Oliver

--
Oliver Duke-Williams  <oliver at geog.leeds.ac.uk>   Tel 0113 233 3286
Centre for Computational Geography, University of Leeds, UK