[postgis] PROJ4 as a PostgreSQL function

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Fri Nov 30 16:17:34 PST 2001

Roderick A. Anderson writes:

>Of course if any one knows of a "joe-six-pack simple" opensource (or
>free) converter that handles shape files this is just another
>wild-ass-idea from me.

Buried in the gdal distribution there is a shpproj utility
gdal / frmts / shapelib / contrib / shpproj.c

This might also be part of the shapelib dist.

>If it isn't I'll start researching how to do this.

FWIW
I have also been thinking that this might be a worthwhile thing todo.

Cheers

Norman

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95
Refill any ink cartridge for less!