[postgis] CVS supplied revision stamps

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Fri Nov 30 17:01:29 PST 2001

HI All

In the process of trying to debug a problem I was having
with files processed by shp2psql I noticed that there are
no copyright notices or ID strings in the source files.

The copyright notice I can live without but an automatically
generated rcsID string can be a great help in debugging.

There are two common ways of using this feature
1) have it at the end of the file comment
2) have it at the top of the source itself as Frank has done with GDAL

Both ways have their merits.

keyword documentation @
% info cvs keyword

Cheers