[postgis] PROJ4 as a PostgreSQL function

Doug Nebert dn at mapcontext.com
Fri Nov 30 17:42:14 PST 2001

I believe that the mapserver 3.5 distribution already includes this
linkage with PROJ.4 and can project and deliver the projected
maps (thanks to other enterprising Canadians). I recall seeing a
demo of this but haven't done it myself.

Doug.

Norman Vine wrote:

> Roderick A. Anderson writes:
> >>
> >Of course if any one knows of a "joe-six-pack simple" opensource (or
> >free) converter that handles shape files this is just another
> >wild-ass-idea from me.
>
> Buried in the gdal distribution there is a shpproj utility
> gdal / frmts / shapelib / contrib / shpproj.c
>
> This might also be part of the shapelib dist.
>
> >If it isn't I'll start researching how to do this.
>
> FWIW
> I have also been thinking that this might be a worthwhile thing todo.
>
> Cheers
>
> Norman

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95
Refill any ink cartridge for less!