[postgis] Compiling MapServer for PostGis on Windows NT

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Tue Oct 30 00:22:21 PST 2001

Nicolas Ribot writes:

>Hi all,
>
>Maybe it is not the right place for this question, but as it concerns
>precisely mapserver AND postgis...

This is a GOOD question for the mapserver list

>I could successfuly compile mapserv.exe and other programs with cygwin,
>but when I try to access a .map file, I have the following  message (both
>when accessing "normal" layers with .shp or postgis layer with postgis
connection):
>msLoadMap(): Regular expression error. (\.map$)
>(the mapfile worked with the previous mapserver version)
>
>It seems the regexp is not well integrated into the mapserv.exe, though
>regexp is working in the cygwin environment.

My guess is that you are not picking up the correct regex package
see the readme.win32 in the mapserver documentation
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/regex/regex-0.12.tqr.gz

Cheers

Norman

Get your FREE VeriSign guide to security solutions for your web site: encrypting transactions, securing intranets, and more!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/UnN2wB/m5_CAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM