[postgis-users] CVS with PG 7.2?

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Tue Apr 2 08:20:00 PST 2002

Just a side question on this - what are the major advantages that people
see with getting postgis to PG 7.2?

                    Bernhard Reiter
                    <bernhard at intevation.de>                To:     postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net
                    Sent by:                                cc:
                    postgis-users-admin at postgis.refra       Fax to:
                    ctions.net                              Subject:     Re: [postgis-users] CVS with PG 7.2?

                    04/02/2002 03:17 AM
                    Please respond to postgis-users

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 12:23:01PM -0800, raanders at acm.org wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Paul Ramsey wrote:
>
> > No, I think you read the opposite. Doing the changes to support 7.2 is
> > not hard, just time consuming. If anyone wants to fund it, we'd be
happy
> > to prioritize that work.
>
> Paul.  Could you give an estimate of cost?  And would you be interested
in
> doing it as a 'donations' project?  I for one can't afford the whole
> shebang but could contribute some towards the final objective.  There
> could be others willing and able to contribute to the greater good.

We from Intevation are also willing to contribute a fraction of the costs.
Let's say roughly about 1/4 of the amount needed for the CVS version.

We'll have to find the other 3/4 as long as it still makes sense. :)

--
Professional Service for Free Software                 (intevation.net)
The FreeGIS Project                                       (freegis.org)