[postgis-users] Newbie: Windows Install Help

Obe, Regina DND\MIS robe.dnd at ci.boston.ma.us
Fri Jun 21 13:49:25 PDT 2002

Yes you have to check SRC - and it puts it under
cygwin/usr/src/postgresql-7.2....

If for some reason it doesn't - if you download the cygwin packages before
you install, you can find it bzipped.

within that is the contrib folder

It has some other dependency sources which don't get downloaded
automatically by cygwin.  Cygipc is one, but I forget the others - If you
don't have all the sources in place.  Then it gives an error something like

"gcc can't make exe"