[postgis-users] Newbie: Windows Install Help

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Fri Jun 21 14:34:20 PDT 2002

I thought I might as well try too.  I can't get past ./configure for
postgresql.   I used your options Norman (from
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2001-June/000025.html)

but it bails on me complaining:

checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O2 ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
creat
e executables.

Any suggestions?

                      "Norman Vine" <nhv at cape.com>
                      Sent by:                                To:       <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net>
                      postgis-users-admin at postgis.refr        cc:       <jason at tishler.net>
                      actions.net                             Fax to:
                                                              Subject:  RE: [postgis-users] Newbie: Windows Install
                                                               Help
                      06/21/2002 02:09 PM
                      Please respond to postgis-users

rerun the cygwin setup program and make sure you have 'crypt'
package selected for download under the 'Libs' category and
try building again

Norman