[postgis-users] Newbie: Windows Install Help

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Fri Jun 21 13:56:59 PDT 2002

Tyler Mitchell writes:

>That's the spirit Chip - glad to see you are getting your hand dirty :)
>When you select to install postgresql via cygwin setup, I think you need to
>check the "SRC" box in the setup window, or else it won't put the sources
>on your machine.

Correct

>I haven't done this myself, so I'm not sure where they
>put it - perhaps in /usr/src somewhere?

/usr/src/postgresXX

If you search the list archives you can find my instructions for
building PostGIS on Cygwin

Or you could try my 'unsupported' binary distribution
http://www.vso.cape.com/~nhv/files/cygwin/postgis.tgz

If you have installed PostgreSQL in the 'standard location'
this should be all set to go

note there has been a 'minor bugfix' in the Cygwin PostgreSQL
distribution since this was built but I believe this shhould still work

Cheers

Norman