[postgis] Methods in geometry classes.

Henry Holland hjholland at gmx.net
Fri Mar 15 00:14:20 PST 2002

Ismail,

You don't provide the full context in which this error is thrown (a
couple of lines of the source code for QueryToolInterface will help). It
looks like the line
  MultiPolygon siteBoundary = setValue( siteBoundaryString );

should be something like:
  PGgeometry pgg = new PGgeometry();
  pgg.setValue( siteBoundaryString );
  MultiPolygon siteBoundary = ( MultiPolygon )pgg.getGeometry();

that is, if you insist on using setValue().

it would probably make more sense to use:
  MultiPolygon siteBoundary = new MultiPolygon( siteBoundaryString );

Hope this helps...

Henry

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Ismail Bouabdallah (CS) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use the methods in the org.postgis classes, such as the
> set value method in PGgeometry, but my compiler keeps on returning error
> like this one:
>
> QueryToolInterface.java:262: cannot resolve symbol
> symbol  : method setValue  (java.lang.String)
> location: class canned_classes.QueryToolInterface
>                 MultiPolygon siteBoundary = setValue(siteBoundaryString);
>
>                                                                   ^
> 1 error
>

> does anyone know what it is I am doing wrong?
>
> Regards Ismail

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!