[postgis-users] Who is using PostGIS and how?

Angus Carr acarr at geospatial.on.ca
Wed Mar 27 11:11:40 PST 2002

We're looking at using it for posting this that and the other maps for
review by our clients. We do stuff with satellite imagery, primarily for
forestry, and some of them seem to think that the aerial photos are
orthographically better than a LandSat scene.

I want to set up a system where we put up our shapefiles and a raster, and
let them browse through the product at a review stage, before it goes on a
CD, and they receive it.

The plan is to use mapserver and postgis.

Another idea we have toyed with is the display of the data from the national
de-mining survey we are doing in Cambodia. Putting it on the web would be
controversial, so it may be internal only, unfortunately.

Angus Carr.