[postgis-users] Question on transform.

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Wed Oct 2 15:51:52 PDT 2002

Luis,
You can confirm on the proj4 mailing list (try this out using the proj4
commandline tools) but my understanding is that proj4 mostly ignores
geogcs transforms. There are a few exceptions to this rule, but it is
mostly true, since proj4 was originally written without any geogcs
transform support at all. The support which is there was retrofitted in
later by Frank Warmerdam.
Frank can correct me, of course... :)
Paul

--