[postgis-users]

senta at home.ran.pp.ru senta at home.ran.pp.ru
Mon Apr 7 08:07:57 PDT 2003

Hi !

> when I call the createlang function to create plpgsql lang in my db it
> doesn't work and I've in result such a message:
>
> psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused
>
> Is the server running locally and accepting connections on Unix domain
> socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

Test, is postgres running. Say "ps ax|grep post" in the shell. If you
are working in Windows, do it in the cygwin bash. If
postgresql is running, you can see some postgres processes.

If postgres is not running, try to say "pg_ctl start".

If the postgresql is just installed, primarily you have to run initdb to
create database.

In Windows you need cygipc to run postgres.

If your postgres is not installed in the local machine, check
pg_hba.conf.

Sorry for my english

Senta