[postgis-users] shp2pgsql segmentation fault

R. Piepul rpiepul at dataflowdesign.com
Sat Feb 22 19:39:18 PST 2003

Hi List,
I have a shape file with 15 attributes that causes shp2pgsql to
terminate with a segmentation fault. I originally ran it with 2150
point features which resulted in only 2139 insert commands written to
the output file. The last insert command was incomplete.

I also tried shape files with 18, 2, and 1 feature (all point
features). These also resulted in seg faults.

My OS is FreeBSD 4.5
shp2pgsql was built from CVS on 22 Feb2003.
The shapefiles were produced using gen2shp and txt2dbf.
http://intevation.de/~jan/gen2shp/gen2shp.html
http://www.usf.uni-osnabrueck.de/~fkoorman/software/dbftools.en.html

I've attached the shape files containing 18 point features. There are 15
attributes. If you wish other files please let me know and I will
provide them.
Thanks for your help,
Rob