[postgis-users] Polygon contains with Lat/Lon

David Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Tue Feb 25 09:17:13 PST 2003

> Can anybody suggest how I might go about this? Am I on the correct
> path with truly_inside?

No - do not use truly_inside().  There are some known issues with
truly_inside() - i'll be removing it from the distribution soon.

I think you'll find that the distance() function will work for you.
 Distance does assume an XY coordinate system, but this will probably
not be a problem for you. You should note that for objects that either
just-touch or just-dont-touch you may get either zero or a small number
due to imprecision.

dave