[postgis-users] translation of nad83 state plane meters to decimal long / lat

Tony developer at godseye.com
Tue Jun 10 14:56:09 PDT 2003

Hello,

This is my first time using PostGIS, and I have a stupid user question.

Does PostGIS have the functionality to translate NAD83 State Plane
Meters to decimal longitude and latitude (a reverse Lambert conversion
computation)? Does it require the provision of precomputed constants or
are those stored a priori?

I was starting to do this on my own, and thought that perhaps PostGIS
and/or Proj4 would be a cleaner method.

If someone could provide or point to an example, I would be grateful.

Thanks,
Tony Pryor